Monday 7 October 2013

The Soundtrack of My Life

I must confess that this week's prompt from My Home Truths has really caught me. Kirsty wants us to confess the Soundtrack to our Lives.


My Home Truths

Music has always played a huge role in my life. I'm not creative enough to be able to play an instrument, or sing all that well, but it's been a constant for me. 

We were only talking at work the other day about how a song has the ability to transport you to a time and a place in an instant. It can knock a decade off and all of a sudden, you're back to being that kid in high school. Which can sometimes be pretty awkward. 

I don't know if I can commit to Kirsty's recommended 10. I either have too many that don't mean that much, or not enough that mean everything.

But here goes and they're in no particular order.

I Go Back - Kenny Chesney - This song sums up how I feel.

Turn Back Time - Cher - It was playing when I was at daycare as a small child, and I loved it then. Also holds a special meaning when played at a friends service

Maggie May - Rod Stewart - No particular reason, I just love it. 

I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing - Aerosmith - I'm suddenly 13 again and starting what would end up being the biggest health battle in my life. 

Rollin' (Air Rad Vehicle) - Limp Bizkit - This signified my big rebellion and when I'm feeling a little kick arse I love to crank this if I can find the CD!

Flame Trees - Cold Chisel - Not sure what it is, but this cheers me up for some reason when I'm feeling a bit blue. Maybe it's singing it at the top of my lungs.

Volare (Nel Blu Di Pinto Di Blu) - Russell Watson - my first foray outside of "mainstream" music (well as mainstream as country music is!) It's also the first time I have tried to learn lyrics in a language other than English.

Bit of an odd mix there, I know - I try to listen to such a large variety, but I have to admit I don't listen to much of the new stuff these days. 

I'm off now. Probably to go pick up a coffee and crank a bit of Kansas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment