Sunday 9 December 2012

It's just the vino talking

My name is Sarah and I love wine.

There... I've said it. 

Personally, I would be very happy if I could get a Sav Blanc with a zero alcohol content that tastes as good as the alco one. The current no alcohol ones you get at the supermarkets taste like shit. 

Some people drink wine because it's alcoholic. I drink it because I like the taste. There's something about the combination of flavours and the way the can dance or roll or just sit on my palette.

My husband tells me I drink too much wine, because I probably do. But I say again, it's the flavour. 

If I was a wine maker, I would try my very best to do what I want - a great tasting, no alcohol wine that anyone could enjoy. 

You know, the way a good red, like a Cab Sauv, can warm you from the inside on a cold winter's night, when you sit down with a hearty beef and vegetable stew? 

Or in summer, the way an icy cold (yes, icy cold) white like Sauvignon Blanc can be refreshing. 

I'm one of those adventurous people who doesn't pair wine with food. For example, as I type this, I'm enjoying a glass of Chain of Ponds "The Cachet" Cab Sav, Shiraz, Merlot. We've not long finished a dinner of chicken, leek and mushroom pie.

Good wine-equette says that I should be drinking a white with chicken. Uh-uh. Not me. I'm a rebel. 

My husband thinks I'm addicted to Vinomofo. I probably am. Sassy comments on ALL my Facebook posts that I put on their page. 

By the way, I guess I should tell you that I'm just a loyal customer. I'm not receiving anything from anyone that I've mentioned. I just like great customer service and want to share it around.

So with that, I would like to remind you, that it's just the vino talking. 

Merry Mofo-mas everyone!

P.S. I wrote this on Saturday night, not Sunday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment